This section will allow parents and early childhood professionals to conduct online developmental screenings on their children or the children they care for.
The screening tools provided by AET! include:
- The ASQ-3 (Ages & Stages Questionnaires-3™)
- for children from birth to 5 years of age
- The M-CHAT R/F(the Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers- Revised with Follow Up Interview™)
- for children 16-48 months of age
To conduct the screen, follow these steps:
- Register yourself as a parent, as a parent giving permission (proxy) to a professional to perform the screening(s), or as a professional.
- You will need to either use an existing Gmail account, or register for a new Gmail account in AET! if you do not already have one.
- Write down your User Name and Password and keep it in a safe place so you can enter the website again in the future.
- Accept the terms of agreement, which includes consent to automatically send an e-faxed referral, if concerns are noted, to:
- The local, zip-code specific Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) provider for the child (birth to 33 months of age) OR
- The Special Education Department of the local, zip-code specific Independent School District for the child (33 months of age and older)
- Complete the screening process, either with the ASQ-3™ , the M-CHAT-R/F™ (if between 16-48 months of age), or with both the ASQ-3™ and M-CHAT-R/F™.